The SQL Server "sa" password is default system administrator login to access the database server. To ensure that this password is secure and not used by unauthorized users.
Follow the below steps:
- Open the SQL Server management studio.
- Connect to SQL Server using windows authentication.
- Expand the server and choose security and expand logins.
- Right click on sa, from properties modify the password and confirm password
Impact of change 'sa' password:-
- If we are using sa login to run DTS packages, changing sa password will affect to run on the DTS package.
- All the DTS package that has used the sa and it's password.
- All applications that are using the sa login to perform the activities
- All scheduled jobs on Server that are used SA password for authentication on the Server.
- All SQL Server jobs which are owned by sa.
- All link servers that are used to sa login to connect to the server.