The following are the prerequisites to configure Log Shipping SQL 2008
1. SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server 2008 Workgroup Edition, or SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition must be installed on all server instances involved in log shipping.
2. The servers involved in log shipping should have the same case sensitivity settings.
3. Enable Remote connections to the server in SQL Server surface are configuration, by navigating to start menu--->All Program--->Microsoft SQL 2008--->Configuration tools--->Surface Area Configuration tool--->Select Surface Area configuration for Services and Connections option--->Select Remote Connections--->Select Local and Remote connections by using TCP and Named Pipes option or else you can also use local and remote connections using TCP\IP only and click OK.
4. The SQL Services in both the primary and secondary server should be the same with same password. Preferably --a domain account.
5. The DB to be log Shipped should be in Full Recovery or Bulk logged recovery model, so that T-logs can be applied, else you cannot configure log shipping. Use the below command to change the recovery model or else you can change in the SSMS by right clicking the DB properties.
6. Shared folder should be created in Primary server to hold the T-Log backups.