I am Vang chew bigger, currently I am working with Citronics, Here my role is SQL Server Database Administrator, I am having 3+ yrs Exp in SQL SERVER DBA with T-SQL, I have experience on SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008, I have a great experience on installation and configuration of SQL SERVER versions, and also applying the patches, hot fix, services packs and RTM’s accordingly, involved in upgrading on in place and side by side as per client requirement, and also Migrating the database on SQL SERVER 2000 to 2005 and 2008, Solid experience on configuring and maintenance of High availability SQL Server solutions, including Log shipping, Database Mirroring, Replication(Transactional and Merge) and SQL Server Clustering., having experience on performance tuning on server level, database level and query level, Responsible for working with application developers in identifying, resolving and proactively working to prevent performance or other production impacting issues, Experience on Optimizing Code and Improving Efficiency in databases including Re-indexing, Used DBCC commands, DMVS and DMFs to troubleshoot, tune and monitor the health of Production database and SQL Server. Designed a backup and recovery solution based on the link between disk design, database layout, backup retention, database performance for efficient backup and restore, Designed database maintenance plans to set up core maintenance tasks to make sure that the database performs well, is regularly backed up in case of system failure and is checked for inconsistencies.
24 X 7 Production Database OnCall Support and Senior DBA.
- Maintained 100 Production, UAT and Development Clustered Servers, around 150 instances with 500 databases including 2 TB of VLDB’s.
- Daily monitor the internal ticketing tool (Virtual Ticket), and working the priority and severity of the issue or user request.
- If is there any production changes we required RFC from users as per change management policies, accordingly we will schedule on production server at weekends to remediate.
- Daily monitoring the Jobs and alerts, for monitoring purpose we are using the BMC, Tivoli and Autosys job, if at all is there any job failures we need to remediate immediately.
- Daily interact with developers is there any performance related issue, and work with them, troubleshoot accordingly
- As per user request working on database refreshment.
- Interact with PDBA and SDBA to enhance the servers, having conference call with DB manager, to report weekly activities accordingly,
- Is there any escalation from client side we will discussed in weekly meetings and remediate accordingly,
- Having good experience on documentation to prepare is there any configuration done on particular server, also share with team members.
- Daily monitoring all the database backup maintenance job’s and maintaining the disk space accordingly,
- As part of a team, analyzed the different high availability solutions and implemented database mirroring and replication.
- Monitoring the clustering environment.
- Trouble shooting (Memory Bottlenecks (log), D-drive space issue, Blocking etc)
- Using log shipping for synchronization of database